Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Gambling - or - Selling Your Home on Your Own

* * * * *
FISBO -Fizzbo
but actually F.S.B.O
For Sale By Owner

So: a Seller called today asking if she could "count on"
the buyer's lender being able to make the projected
April 30th closing date;
that she, and the buyer, some attorneys, a moving van,
children's babysitters, the phone disconnect, the utilities turn over,
you name it -
everyone needs to be able to PLAN
on a date.

Can she "expect" or "BET ON" that date?
It hit me.
After the mortgage melt-down and financing being so difficult to get,
none of the players can to anything but gamble.
Roll the dice and hope.

In an e-mail, I tried to soothe her fears; jitters.
the more I rambled on,
the scaredier I got!

Geez! How does anyone buy, sell or move
real estate today?


I'm sure glad from our perspective that we
don't have to place any bets!

* * * * *