Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Real Estate Short Sales in the 11th Hour...

* * * * *
It's month end in real estate closings again.
My employees and myself are bruised, bloody-eyed, and exhausted.
The Short Sale transactions are the worst they've ever been.
Things over the past 5 years are NOT any easier.
Some are worse.
And those that suffer: Everyone.
Buyers, Sellers, Realtors, New lenders, Old lenders, Attorneys
and...us title people that are somehow responsible
for the sins of the world.
But tomorrow we will be there before the office officially opens
ready, willing and able to service our customers.
I have the best team of people to work with - bar none.

Here's a side note:
Sometimes, after a grueling day when I can't stand MY reality,
I visit websites that intrigue, educate, cause brain cells
to work differently and it takes my mind off the world I occupy every day.

One of the sites I visit is called the 11th hour Action Network.
STACKED FULL OF brilliant people
(I love Dr. David Suzuki and if he and his wife would agree,
I'd be his 2nd wife).

Anyway...for some reason tonite
I stopped to read their home page commentary:


Relating: Their problems - vs our Short Sale Industry:
Grave Problems (ya - short sale-redemption ends)
Problems facing life systems (ya-seller needs to get out/buyer get in)
Global warming (ya-everyone working on these has high blood pressure)
Deforestation (ya-we've killed many trees revising HUDs)
Extinction (well, not dead but we're all a little numb)
Lost habitats: (we've seen many homes result in REO's over
these unresolved Short Sale transactions

AND ABOUT THIS 11TH HOUR ISSUE:
Why...someone...PLEEEEASSE, tell me WHY these are shoved in
and barely closing minutes before they terminate? Why?

This industry is NUTZ to continue working like this.

And...maybe we need our own 11th Hour Action Network -
not related to the "end of the world" -
but to the end of doing these transactions that need time,
(due to their complexity and liability),
to be addressed LONG BEFORE the 11th hour.

Now excuse me while I go read about
Solutions From Nature.

* * * * *