Saturday, June 23, 2012

Claudia's

* * * * *

Claudia and I met for dinner at The Bluebird, a famous restaurant in downtown Leland.  I saw her walking towards the restaurant so I ran to stand at the Hostess’ station.   When she walked in and approached me, I said “May I help you?”  Claudia took off her sunglasses while she was perusing people in the restaurant looking for me and stated “…well, I’m here to meet someone….”.  “Yes!” I said and opened my arms, “that would be me!” I think I grab/hugged her at the same time and took her by storm and surprise…it surprised even me…and at the same time, as we released, my heart giggled and my brain screamed “THIS IS THE BEST!!!”.  We enjoyed dinner and chatted all the way thru.  Her husband Jim didn’t “show” and we calculated he was purposely not attending so that we could have a couple of hours to reconnect.  And it was good.  Claudia guessed he was at another local restaurant and bar, so after dinner we drove there and yep: there was Jim.  We hopped up on stools to join him at the bar – introductions made and we chatted away…
 The next day...came the day I finally drove to Claudia and Jim’s home.  How exciting was THIS!!! I so regret that I didn't have my camera in my pants pocket to take pictures of their beautiful home and amazing lot. Lot...hell...acres...country...enormous pines, gardens everywhere, force plantings and wild, organic beautiful flowers, shrubs, trees... heaven on earth, actually. We went on a tour of their newly renovated awesome home. I could smell new wood and it was such a warm and welcoming home that it told a story of two people, in love and who share love - I felt like more than a "guest" - it felt like home. There aren't many other homes that make me feel that way...maybe because this was the home of my dearest childhood friend? Possibly. The tour ended back in the kitchen where a birthday card to me was on the table and Claudia presents huge, beautiful birthday cupcakes for my birthday! Geez, I felt like crying or giggling - I giggled as this tickled me so. Jim, Claudia and I plunged into the treats as we talked about everything. Jimmy asked how I liked my Subaru Outback and the feel of its drive...we decided they should try it out, so off we went on a drive. Jim drove, they both pointed out sites, landmarks, directions of this place I love but had never seen this countryside before. I (now) grabbed the camera lying on the back seat and started clicking all over Suttons Bay, Michigan:















I took more pics, however with a point and shoot they're mediochre
I made a mental note to take the better camera in the fall

After the tour, it was time to leave. 
We would meet with their friends later for
pizza at the Bluebird.

We did and we took this -
to be cherished forever:



* * * * *