Saturday, June 23, 2012

Downtown Leland, "Leland" and The Water



* * * * *

Landmark: The Harbor House Trading Company
Touristy stuff (t-shirts) and the best soft-serve ice cream!

River and Main

Stopped in for:
fresh ground Leelanau Coffee Roasting Co. beans
that make the best cappuccino!



AND: LO and BEHOLD:
While IN River & Main, WHAT APPEARS
before my very eyes?
This antique refinished weather vane!
YESSSS...she came home with me to be
placed in my front room picture window.
I named her Althea's Leland of Michigan.
Althea is mother's name, the woman who
first introduced me to Leland.
We'll just call her Leland for short.


Yess, I do realize weather vane's usually
 sit atop turrets and steeples. So?

Driving around Leland


because this is another reason to be here


the scenery and the water


this is country, after all, and the barns
are a photographers eye candy

that, and the water

Now time to get back to the Leland Lodge and
stick my feet in some lake water and sand!


Driving from the Lodge to Nedows Bay Beach
past the exquisite golf course

Be Still My Heart:
SUN, SAND, LAKE
...may I never leave?...


Tickey tickey...



Ahhhhh


Beach treasures

Thar's GOLD in them thar beeches

I need these pics for viewing in January


Ohhhh, Mama...this is NATURE'S
"heated flooring"

Thank you for this day, God






Back to the Lodge and the outside deck.
Time to make a date with Claudia to
see her after 35 years

* * * * *

Next: 
Off to tour around Suttons Bay while
Jim drives and Claudia plays tour guide...
(if you go, these are the people to show you around!)